About Sailability Wellington
Established as a charitable trust in 2002, Sailability Wellington is the largest sailing program for people with disabilities in New Zealand. Sailing up to six days a week, we operate at:
- Evans Bay Yacht & Motorboat Club - Wellington city
- Seaview Marina - adjacent to Lowry Bay Yacht Club
- Titahi Bay Boating Club, Onepoto - at the Duncan Renouf jetty in Porirua Harbour.
We can support almost anyone with a disability who wishes to try sailing, working with each person’s abilities and interests. We offer a range of opportunities to suit the different aspirations and capabilities of our sailors. As a member of our club, you can:
- become part of our supportive and social sailing family, offering lifelong connections and friendship
- experience the joy of being on the water
- learn to sail, ultimately independently, if that's a goal
- compete in local and national competitions, if you want.